Dobbs has spent his life designing revolutionary telephones! But at the time, no one believed in the interplanetary phone, apart from the visionary, Guru Phytoplanctonian. So, in the end it was the Sakrohm who financed his research, in exchange for product exclusivity. We are now proud to present the Sakphone 24G. It’s a revolution!
- Genius Inventor: Win 40 rounds with Dobbs Ld (26/04/2013 - 23/06/2013)
Advantages & Disadvantages
- His base damage is 5 and, with the aid of fury, can allow you to 2HKO with other members of Sakrohm.
- His ability reduces the opponent's power and damage by two, which can help put them on his level.
- His ability can make him a good bluff.
- The clan bonus removes 8 attack from your opponent, which helps in low-pill fights.
- His ability is reprisal based, which makes him predictable.
- His base power of 6 is a bit low.
- SOA and SOB can really hurt him.
- He is weak against attack and power manipulation.
- He has competition from the other 3* in Sakrohm.
- Dobbs is a nod to high-tech inventor, Steve Jobs, and even resembles him in his final level form. Interestingly, the card was released about a month before he died.
- His name is possibly based off of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, "founder" of the Church of the SubGenius.
- He could also be a reference to the fourth Dr. Who especially on his first level.
- In his latest release (3/14/14), Dobbs was noted of making connections within the fourth kind; this is a nod to the film, Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- On June 29, 2016, his stats were changed to 6/5 and his reprisal based ability was added.