Back when he was a complete unknown, Hammer was chosen to fight the reigning world champion in an exhibition match. Prince Jr wanted him to stretch it out until the fourth round, but by the third round he'd already knocked out his opponent with a resounding right hand. As a result he became an enemy of the Montana but managed to seek refuge among the All-Stars.
This card hasn't appeared in a web comic yet.
- Grand combat II: Win 50 fights by finishing with a knock-out from Hammer. (Grand Combat I has to be cleared first).
Advantages and Disadvantages of the card
- His base damage is 7, which is good for a 5*.
- His ability gives him two extra damage if you play him first in a round.
- Because of his damage, you can either 1HKO or 2HKO with him.
- His ability works well as a bluff, since your opponent will think you are trying to go for a 1HKO.
- SOA doesn't bother him, since his damage is still very high.
- The clan bonus removes two power from your opponent, which makes fights with him a lot easier.
- His base power is 6, which isn't very good for a 5*.
- His ability only works if you play him first in a round, which can make him very predictable. It also means you only have two chances to activate it.
- His main weakness is SOB, because if he loses it, he has to rely on his 6 base power.
- He is also weak against damage reducers, since he loses his high damage.
- He is a 5*, so he takes up room in your deck.
- He has competition from the other 5* in All-Stars.
- If you have Timber in your hand, have his ability activated and fury with him, you can 1HKO your opponent.
- Both his name and his bio are based off the movie, Hammer, starring Fred Williamson. The movie is about a young, talented boxer who moves up into the ranks, thanks to the help of the local Mafia. However, he is soon ordered by the Mafia to throw a fight, or else they will harm his girlfriend, who has been captured by them.
- His rivalry with the Montana could be based off of Steve Fox (in Tekken 4) from the Tekken series. Like Hammer, Steve was also targeted by the Mafia, after he had won a fight that the Mafia ordered him to throw.
- Hammer also presents a resemblance with Mickey from the movie, Snatch. The fact that Prince Jr looks a lot like Brick from the same movie proves it.