|Bonus||Stop Opp. Bonus|
|Released||January 17, 2008|
|Retired||April 10, 2017|
|Stats Lv5||7/4(Ability activated)|
It was on a supermarket building site in the east of Clint City that a very strange egg was found. In the utmost secrecy, Ielena retrieved it and hatched from it a gigantic monster capable of destroying anything that crosses its path. The enemies of the Nightmare Clan had just better behave themselves!
- Sludgy green Catastrophe: Inflict 700 Damages with Kolos
- Long Luscious Death: Win 50 Rounds with Kolos
Kolos is mainly portrayed as a gigantic, Godzilla-like force that was trashing Clint City when he finally broke out of his egg. While it is never mentioned why Vryer (who helped create him) was helping Nightmare create such a creature, but it took the combined efforts of Sentinel, Ulu Watu, La Junta and the Pussycats to break Nightmare's hold over Kolos and send him into the jungle near the city. Kolos' current condition is unknown.
"Kolos the Lost World" shows a softer side of Kolos when he tells his own kiddie version of his past to his son, Rage. In his story, he was found by Ielena and raised among the Nightmare until he was old enough to go to the school. Bullied by the story's version of Stanford, Ongh Cr and Lost Hog Cr, he fought back and embraced a newer, tougher image. As he grew-up, he would do his best to fit the clan's desire for him to be a scary monster until he scared Gum enough to make him cry. Realizing that being a mean monster wasn't in his nature, he left for The Lost World where he had Rage on his own (he's a hermaphrodite). At the end of the story, he let Rage go out to play, happy with the path his son was taking.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- With Fury, Kolos Cr can 1HKO an opponent.
- His 7 Power is good as a 5*.
- His Bonus helps him fend off the possibility of losing.
- As long as he hasn't been played, your opponent will have to consider the possibility of him being sent out with Fury.
- He is vulnerable to opponents that stop Abilities or lower Power or Damage.
- A base 4 Damage is no good for a 5* card.
- Since he became Collector, his price has shot past the 100K Clintz mark, making him a pain to get.
- Kolos is the first Urban Rivals character to be turned into an action figure.
- When the Kolos action figure was released, the background was changed in his honor.
- He could possibly be based off of the fictional monster, Godzilla.
- He could also be based off of the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park.
- He's the father of Rage, and the only known hermaphrodite.
- According to Travis Ld's bio, Kolos crushed his bus in the Level 5 artwork.
- His Mythic announcement is:
But the gargoyle was certainly up against it when Kolos leapt at his throat! Apparently, the charismatic Nightmare dino managed to inflict one last blow before succumbing to his injuries and giving Pandemos Cr the chance to pick himself up off the floor...
The Nightmare clan is in mourning today, as is the whole city... He was quite a symbol and this marks a page-turning moment with the city more and more out of control, on the brink of implosion between ever-stronger dimensional breaches and a dark force that is more and more palpable... The mighty Kolos is no more and the old dinosaur is now at rest in the Manor's cemetery!
As for the GHEIST, they've already got to work on a new mecha... The clan is trying to negotiate a partnership with the specialists in arms of mass destruction: La Junta!
The fight made the ground tremble and had the whole of Clint City watching on with bated breath... But Pandemos Cr is the out and out winner.
Enigma watched on as his beast foundered and then rose up to deliver one last killer blow to his monstrous opponents!
The center piece of his collection is injured. He's going to make them pay for this! The Paradox funeral god is confident: he is going to embalm the entire city and Memento's alliance won't be able to stop him. Get ready for a bloody wave of new clashes…"