|Bonus||Victory or Defeat: +1 Pillz|
|Ability||Brawl: -1 Pillz, Avv min 1|
|Released||October 18, 2017|
|Stats lv 1||3/3|
|Stats lv 2||5/4|
|Stats lv 3||7/4 (Ability activated)|
Newell works alongside Grace as an amazing video game designer and adventurer in his spare time, and in doing so stumbled across a strange piece of alien technology. He then used this technology to develop a machine capable of transposing his latest game, Clint Fortress, into an alternate reality in which his creation could be materialized. However, the experiment was short-lived when the portal sucked him up and took him off into this hostile world. But now, having finally managed to escape, Newell is fighting to track down the evil creations that escaped alongside him and seal up the entrance for good.
- Clint Fortress 3: Remove 50 Pillz from your opponent with Newell.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- 7 Power is solid for a 3*.
- His Ability is extremely powerful against Mono decks and Support cards, as it can remove 4 Pillz with the very low minimum of 1.
- His Pillz manipulation Ability pairs well with his Bonus, with a potential 5 Pillz difference.
- His Ability is less impressive against any splash cards (most often Skeelz) as it only removes 1 Pill.
- He only has 4 Damage, which doesn't allow for 2HKO with most other Riots unless he furies.
- He's weak to SoA, as his Damage isn't spectacular.
- Both his name and artwork are based off of popular video game designer, Gabe Newell. Several of his games are referenced in Newell's bio: Team Fortress, Portal and Half-Life.
- His mission is also a nod to Team Fortress.
- He was officially put into new blood packs on November 10, 2017.
- He was first released as a Steam-exclusive card in honor of the game being released on said platform. Newell is fitting since Gabe Newell is head of Valve Corp who own Steam.