While the entire population of Riotspolis was enjoying a well-deserved break on the Eve of Halloween, concealed in a dark room was a tirelessly working professor Cushing. Although the scientist's specialty was thermodynamics, he was unappreciated by the University as the Copernica family kept snatching all the glory. And he hated them even more since Dr Copernica-daughter had discovered the thermonium that earned her the favors of the Alma Mater. Taking advantage of her departure, he helped himself to a few grams of the ore in her lab. His hatred then led him to throw all caution to the wind when he took it upon himself to mix thermonium with a fragment of Vortex glass that he had perfectly illegally acquired from Negodz. That is when the insane experiment took place, giving life to what would become the horrifying Crystalis... added
Advantages & Disadvantages
- His base power is 7, which is good for a 3*.
- His base damage is 4, but becomes 6 with fury, allowing you to 2HKO with other members of Riots.
- His ability removes three damage from your opponent, which helps if you are in danger of being KO'ed.
- His minimum is one, which is very low.
- He makes a good bluff against your opponent.
- The clan bonus gives you a pill back whether you win or lose with him.
- He is weak against SoA, since he can't reduce his opponent's base damage.
- His ability is useless against cards with Protection: Damage.
- He has competition from the other 3* in Riots.
- This is the first Riots card to be drawn by Phalloide.
- He is the second card to have 'professor' in his name, the other being Pr Hartnell, both of them in the Riots.
- His name comes from Peter Cushing who played Dr. Who in the film, Dr. Who and the Daleks. Despite this, he is not considered a true incarnation of the doctor and his role is often forgotten. Perhaps the whole 'having his glory taken away' could be a loose nod to this and that he was considered to play the next incarnation after William Hartnell.
- The story behind his CR departure: To Pr Cushing, the issue seems to run deeper. He caught a glimpse of Cristalys in town. His greatest success will also turn out to be his greatest nightmare. What a beauty, independent and self-sufficient. Never would he have dreamed of creating such a complex being all by himself. But now she is going to hunt him down, chase him, make sure that her secret remains intact. She cannot allow hers and Dregn's origins to be brought out into the open. Shouldn't have played with chemistry... it can be dangerous.